Welcome back to school!
As a back to school idea, please consider this team building activity:
Name: I Like People Who...
Materials: a chair for each person
• Ask all of the participants to form a circle with their chairs.
• As the leader, begin by standing in the middle of the chairs.
• Explain that the person in the middle must introduce himself in the following format: "My name is _____ and I like people who..." and they will fill in the blank with something like "are wearing blue jeans" or "have an older sibling."
• Anyone in the circle who fits the description must stand up and move to a different chair. The last person standing continues with "My name is _____ and I like people who..." and so on.
• Encourage the participants to be creative and look beyond physical aspects of the group.
Use this game as an introduction at the start of the year or when some members of the group are new. Rather than spotlight the new people, this game makes everyone the center of attention at some point and also requires that everyone introduce themselves in a fun format. The is a good energizer since it gets everyone moving around.
Have a great week, and thank you for all you do.